Cheadle | Law of Nashville | Cheadle of Knoxville
The attorneys at the Tennessee-based Cheadle | Law offices represent business clients throughout the state’s 95 counties. The firm’s clients are primarily lenders. Attorneys focus their practice on collection law, receivership law, commercial litigation, general business law, bankruptcy law, and insurance law.
The firm is comprised of managing lawyer John R. Cheadle, Jr., his brother, Dudley Cheadle who is the managing lawyer of the Knoxville office, and Mary Barnard Cheadle. The firm holds a place in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Aviation plays an important role in the practice
A portion of the practice is devoted to aviation law. John R. Cheadle, Jr. has been issued an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) license by the F.A.A. He also holds a Flight Instructor certificate, with Instrument, Multi-Engine and Glider endorsements. He is type–rated to fly Falcon 10's, Citation S550's and DC-3's. John Cheadle has 5,800 hours of flight time as pilot–in–command. He has made over 1,100 skydives, and he has both competed in and flown DC–3 jump planes in the United States Parachute Association National Championships.
John Cheadle owns and flies two small jets, a Falcon 10 and a Citation S/II, which he pilots to court, depositions and meetings throughout Tennessee and the country.
John R. Cheadle, Jr.
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (AV Highest - Rated) 1999 -2016
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Nashville Business Leaders “In Charge”, Nashville Post Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Super Lawyer, Mid South Edition, SuperLawyers.com, 2006 - 2016
- Best Lawyers in the State of Tennessee, Business Tennessee Magazine, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Mid-South Super Lawyer, SuperLawyers.com, 2006 - 2016
- Best 101 Lawyers in the State of Tennessee, Business Tennessee Magazine, 2004
- Nashville’s Best Lawyers, Nashville Post Magazine, 2003
The Cheadle | Law offices are primarily devoted to creditors’ rights. In Tennessee state court, the attorneys assist businesses in recovering unpaid obligations. In bankruptcy court, Cheadle | Law and Cheadle's attorneys file proofs of claim, motions for relief from stay, objections to confirmation, and dischargeability complaints. More specifically, the firm’s areas of practice include: